Saturday 7 January 2012

Floral 50th Birthday Quilt.


It was my eldest sister's birthday in June- her fiftieth so I needed something special for her. She had told me that she was re-decorating a room in greys and blues. I had a piece of blue floral furnishing fabric, in fact I think that she had given it to me last year. I decided to make a quilt using the flowers as the panels and alternating the front and back of the fabric for the seperate rectangles. I used a beautiful blue moleskin cotton for the strips and for the edging, a co-ordinating silver and blue curtain fabric. I couldn't wait for her to see it. We gathered at Arley Hall on a sweltering hot day and she unwrapped it as we ate a delicious picnic.
Now it's my second eldest sister's 50th  birthday this summer and she has hinted that she wants a quilt too!

No comments:

Post a Comment